Thursday, April 7, 2011

Daiana Menezes on Tax Evasion Case - BIR

The Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR) filed a tax evasion case against the Brazillian sexy actress and Eat Bulaga mainstay, Daiana Menezes. According to the press statement made by BIR before the Department of Justice (DOJ) Chairman Leila de Lima, Diana has a a total earnings of P2,659,668.10 from 2997 to 2010 but haven't paid any to the government agency. Her total amount to be paid, including the interests and surcharges is amounting to P983,658.07, according to reports.

Daiana however said that she is paying her taxes, as quoted, Menezes said:
 The issue about my taxes is being addressed and I have been paying my taxes religiously. In fact, I am bound to pay before the April 15 deadline. I may be Brazilian -- but as someone working here in the Philippines, I am always respectful of its laws and policies.

No comments:

Post a Comment