Friday, February 5, 2010

PHP for novice

Continuing my PHP tutorial study.
Yeah, I have downloaded and configured properly Apache, Mysql and my PHP last week, so now I will study the very basic about PHP. The Basic PHP Syntax. I just want to acknowledge my source for this.
A PHP scripting block always starts with . A PHP scripting block can be placed anywhere in the document.
On servers with shorthand support enabled you can start a scripting block with .
For maximum compatibility, I recommend that you use the standard form (

A PHP file normally contains HTML tags, just like an HTML file, and some PHP scripting code.
Below, I have an example of a simple PHP script which sends the text "Hello World" to the browser:







Each code line in PHP must end with a semicolon. The semicolon is a separator and is used to distinguish one set of instructions from another.
There are two basic statements to output text with PHP: echo and print. In the example above we have used the echo statement to output the text "Hello World".
Note: The file must have a .php extension. If the file has a .html extension, the PHP code will not be executed.
________________________________________
Comments in PHP
In PHP, we use // to make a single-line comment or /* and */ to make a large comment block.







I want to acknowledge w3schools for this knowledge, just want you to share to all of you. It helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment