Tuesday, December 21, 2010

apl.de.ap and Charice Pempengco To Work Together


Filipino-American singer apl.de.ap, born Allan Pineda Lindo Jr. of international hit band Black Eyed Peas revealed that he wants to share the stage with the Filipina international singing sensation, Charice Pempengco.

The 36-year-old performer from Sapang Bato, Pampanga confessed that he would love to work with Charice. He said in an interview with ABS-CBN News that it would be nice to see them perform on the same stage since both of them have the same rags-to-riches story.

The singer will be spending Christmas in the Philippines to be with his family and to share his blessings with the less privileged Aetas from his hometown where he would distribute packed goods.

He said that Christmas in the Philippines is exciting. "I like to be with my family for Christmas. It's just Christmas is different in the Philippines. It's just so festive and I like participating in Simbang Gabi, bumibili ng puto bumbong, kutsinta, bibingka, that's my favorite," he further said during the interview with ABS-CBN.

"You can't really go forward if you don't know where you came from. I'm proud of my culture. I think Filipinos are hard-working, nice people, a lot of love and the family will stick together. And I think God gave me the motivation and the drive to make it to the music business and you know I'm just proud to be Pinoy,” he said stressing that he is proud of his race.

Meanwhile, Charice is currently in the United States for the shooting the popular television series Glee where she plays Filipino exchange student Sunshine Corazon.

No comments:

Post a Comment